GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Purchase of tickets
Neither passenger nor vehicle tickets can be issued on board. The ticket is personal, non-transferable and valid only for the specific trip, itinerary and class it has been issued for. Reservations can be made via phone, email or our website. Tickets can be purchased:
- from our office (Vas. Pavlou 1, Astakos Port, PS 30006, Aitoloakarnania)
- via post
- at the port
- other way, upon request.
In compliance with EU Directive 98/41 and for safety reasons, passengers are required to provide the following information during reservation: Surname and name, gender, age class (adult, child, infant) and the need for special care/assistance. For the issue of vehicle tickets, the following information is required: type of vehicle and plate number. Passengers are also required to provide contact details, such as phone number or e-mail address for the exclusive purpose of contacting them in case itinerary changes occur. In case of passenger’s refusal to provide contact details, the issuer enters the refusal into the reservation system.
Cancellations are made only at the travel agency where reservation and payment has been made, as long as they have not been modified in the meanwhile. Depending on the time of cancellation, the following terms are applied:
- Up to 14 days prior to departure, the overall fare plus costs in favour of third parties and VAT are returned.
- Up to 7 days prior to departure, 75% of the fare plus costs in favour of third parties and VAT are returned.
- Up to 12 hours prior to departure, 50% of the fare plus costs in favour of third parties and VAT are returned.
- For cancellations made in less than 12 hours prior to departure or in case of not checking-in, passenger is not entitled to a refund.
- Tickets can be converted to OPEN date tickets or undergo date modification, as long as they have not been modified previously. OPEN date tickets can be cancelled, however only 50% of the fare is returned.
- In case of partial cancellation of a round trip of which one crossing has been completed, the passenger will be refunded as above (based on the time of cancellation) for the crossing that is not completed.
- After the departure of the boat, no modifications are accepted.
Tickets can be modified up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the ship. Passengers can request a change of itinerary to status “Open date” (i.e. without a currently scheduled date of travel) or schedule new date and time only for vessels belonging to the same company and provided there is availability. If the altered fare price is higher, the passenger is responsible for the price difference, for the case that the altered fare price is lower, the passenger is not entitled to a refund of the difference. Alterations of itineraries and travel dates of issued tickets is only possible by the issuer of the tickets or Company designated agents on the respective ports of travel recognized by the Hellenic Port Authority.
In case of a lost ticket a new one must be purchased. Moreover, the passenger must immediately notify the issuing Travel/Port Agent, εγγράφως, providing him with all the necessary information. After a period of six months, and only in the case that tickets have not been used meanwhile, passenger is entitled to a new ticket of equal value.
Modification/cancellation of tickets purchased by the current site
Tickets issued on this website can be modified / cancelled according to the above terms provided that no other modification or cancelation has taken place and only through the ticket agency represented by the website (Athina Tsarpali). For the security and safety of your private information in order for any such modification or cancelation request to be accepted, it must be provided to us in writing (letter, fax, email, website contact form) and it should include the full booking and contact information and in reasonable time before the date of travel to allow for processing of request. In the case that the tickets have been mailed out, cancellation is only possible with the physical return of the tickets to our agency (Vasileos Pavlou1, Astakos 30006 Greece) prior to the day of travel (mail, physical return, etc.).
OPEN date tickets
OPEN date tickets are valid for 12 months and their holders have to make a reservation for specific itinerary and replace them with valid tickets prior to departure. Passengers with OPEN date tickets are not accepted for embarkation. In case the fare is higher on the day the passenger wishes to travel, a supplementary ticket is issued. In case the new fare is lower, the difference is not returned to the passenger.
Fares & Discounts
Ticket prices … Eligible for discount are passengers fulfilling the criteria of Ministerial Decision 3324.1/01/13 dated 15/7/2013, as amended and in effect, such as infants (Valid proof is required both in order to issue the tickets with discount fares and to embark. Discounts should be claimed upon reservation, as no refund is made thereafter. Infants and children up to the age of 4 years travel free and it is necessary to reserve and buy a free ticket. Children 5 to 10 years old receive a 50% discount on the regular fare. Students of Greek Public Universities are eligible of 25% discount. Passenger transport groups (groups), coaches, baggage tugs and towing charges are subject to special agreements.
shipping companies are eligible of schedule modifications in coordination with the Hellenic Port Authorities and Ministry of Shipping and Merchant Marine. Shipping companies cannot be held liable for any delays caused by third parties, port authorities, or extreme and unusual weather conditions. For the cases where a scheduled voyage is cancelled by the vessel company, falling under force majeure reasons (weather, sea conditions, safety reasons, etc.) the passenger is entitled to a full refund of the ticket with no other obligation from the issuing agency and company.
Vessels have kennels on board. Pets are not allowed neither indoors nor in vehicles. Excluded from the above mentioned restrictions are animals that guard and assist people with disabilities that may accompany their owners and small pets on their cases and are vaccinated. Owners must hold the appropriate certificates for these animals.
Upon boarding, passengers and their vehicles are required to proceed to the embarkation area 1 hour prior to the departure. Passengers are required to display their tickets and valid documents in case of special fare tickets upon boarding. Infants and children also require official documents of identification. Passengers with disabilities requiring assistance are kindly requested to inform the agency at least 48 hours prior to time of travel. They should also inform the company at the time of booking of any special condition requirements, such as sitting position, room, medical equipment necessity, etc. During embarkation and disembarkation all passengers apart from the driver are not allowed to remain in the vehicles.
All passengers with valid tickets are allowed to carry handbags up to 50kg without additional cost. Passengers with reduced mobility are allowed to carry any equipment or device required for the autonomous movement, whatever weight without paying extra fare. The shipping agency and the crew are not responsible for any . The crew and the shipping company is not responsible damage or loss of luggage and other property, unless items have been given for safe keeping.
Safety on board
- Passengers must comply with the regulations of the ship as well as with the instructions given by the captain or crew.
- Carriage of guns, cartridges, explosive, flammable, combustible and
- in general hazardous materials is strictly prohibited.
- Access to the vehicle deck is forbidden during crossings.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors.
- Passengers in high speed ships are not allowed to remain in the open-air areas of the decks during the trip.
- Storage of luggage on passenger seats or passenger pathways obstructing passenger flow is prohibited.
- Passengers are required to follow all crew instructions while on board the vessel and follow safety and sanitary rules.
Passengers can file a complaint either with the designated vessel officer or after the voyage completion to the shipping company or the respective port authorities as prescribed by law.